Google recently released Chrome 88, the latest version of its popular web browser. Chrome 88 introduces several new features and improvements, including improved password protection and support for the WebAuthn API.
Cuban VR will discuss some of the new features in Chrome 88 and answer some frequently asked questions.
What’s new in Chrome 88?
- Improved Password Protection: Chrome 88 now has a built-in password manager that can automatically generate strong passwords and alert you if your passwords have been compromised. This feature is designed to help keep your online accounts secure.
- WebAuthn Support: Chrome 88 now supports the WebAuthn API, which allows you to use hardware security keys to authenticate your online accounts. This feature provides an additional layer of security against phishing and other attacks.
- Tab Search: Chrome 88 introduces a new tab search feature that allows you to quickly find and switch between open tabs. This feature can be especially useful if you have many tabs open at once.
- PDF Form Filling: Chrome 88 now supports filling in PDF forms directly within the browser. This can save time and effort compared to downloading and opening PDF forms in a separate app.
- HTTPS by Default: Chrome 88 now defaults to HTTPS for all websites, which provides an additional layer of security against attacks and protects your browsing data.
FAQs about Chrome 88
- How do I update to Chrome 88? To update to Chrome 88, open the Chrome menu and select “Help” > “About Google Chrome”. If an update is available, Chrome will automatically download and install it.
- How does Chrome 88’s password manager work? Chrome’s password manager can automatically generate strong passwords for you and save them securely. If any of your passwords are compromised, Chrome will alert you and prompt you to change them.
- What is the WebAuthn API? The WebAuthn API is a standard for web authentication that allows you to use hardware security keys to authenticate your online accounts. This provides an additional layer of security against phishing and other attacks.
- How does Chrome 88’s tab search feature work? To use the tab search feature in Chrome 88, click on the “Tab Search” button in the top-right corner of the browser window. This will open a search box where you can type in the name of the tab you’re looking for. Chrome will then display a list of matching tabs that you can click on to switch to them.
- Why is HTTPS important? HTTPS provides an additional layer of security for browsing by encrypting the data that are sent between your computer and the website you’re visiting. This helps protect against attacks and keeps your browsing data private.
Chrome 88 introduces several new features and improvements that can make browsing more secure and convenient. The new password manager, WebAuthn support, and tab search feature are especially useful for users who want to stay secure and organized while browsing. We hope this blog post has answered some of your questions about Chrome 88 and encouraged you to explore the latest version of Google’s popular web browser.
With resources from Google Developer